OOPS! They Did It Again!

This just in from Wilmette, Illinois - not another bragmail solicitation for more moola from my high school alma mater, Loyola Academy, but an announcement that smells about as bad as a mid-July three feet high ale-wife die-off on the shores of Lake Michigan. (For anyone raised away from the Great Lakes, every picture tells a story. All you need is smell-o-vision, and you'd be right there with me.):


Jun 01, 1967
Dead alewifes fish on beach of Chicago's

Photo: Lee Balterman/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images

Dead alewifes fish on beach of Chicago's Lake Michigan, creating stench and water pollution problem.

http://www.life.com/image/50674526

-------

THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW:

Check out this from the current president of Loyola, Reverend Patrick McGrath, about the Academy's popular and longest reigning past president, Larry Reuter:


It made me mad when I read it the first time. I was on boil by the third time through. This is what I shared with Father McGrath:


















I don't have anything against Patrick McGrath. I am hoping he is just the messenger, and not part of this mess. If he's good enough to answer my letter, I will post again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRESH HORSES FOR DESK JOCKEYS and other living people who spend too much time sitting down

If You’re Under 18, There’s No Uber for You!

The Actor's Life Was NOT for Me